Sunday, September 26, 2010

New to Blogging

Well, I have jumped into the blogosphere!  So, we'll see how this goes.  I am, at a minimum, an eighth generation Virginian.  I love sweet tea and totally agree with the Tea Party movement.  Therefore, there's a sort of double meaning to my moniker. 

I have a degree in English/Journalism-Communications with a minor in US History from a (formerly) small, liberal arts college in Southern Virginia.  Hence, the writing and political sides of me.  I am an evangelical Christian mom of three elementary aged kids (one boy and two girls), one of whom is a cancer survivor already at 11 years old. 

I am a staunch conservative, not a republican or democrat.  I vote for the most conservative candidate and will defend that candidate as much as humanly possible.  Identifying with Sarah Palin comes very naturally to me.  She was the only reason that John McCain received my vote!  I completely "get" her "Mama Grizzly" manner.  Mess with my cubs and I will mess with you.  My cubs are my kids and my country.

The candidate to most recently garner my complete and undaunted support is Christine O'Donnell, Republican US Senate nominee for Delaware.  I knew Christine nearly 20 years ago.  We met at church and became fast friends.  The only thing that inhibited us from keeping up with each other is the fact that we were friends before the advent of the cell phone.  Young singles move around so much, and as such, we lost touch.  When we saw each other this summer, it was a great reunion of squeal/hugs.  She is a terrific candidate who will rise above the smears and slanderous lies that the GOP and now dems/MSM have been throwing at her.  She is a true believer in the Constitution and traditional American values.  She will vote against Cap & Trade and to repeal Obamacare.  We'll keep close tabs on this race.

Another candidate who bears watching is Keith Fimian.  In what is being dubbed as a repeat of the 2008 contest, Fimian is fighting Gerry Connolley for a VA Congressional seat.  Connolley tries to present himself as an objective moderate, but his votes out him as a Pelosi "mini-me".  As Chairman of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, Connolley raised taxes about as often as possible.  He will not meet with his Virginian constituents now because he knows they're mad about his votes, i.e. Obamacare, Stimulus bills, the bailouts, etc. He needs to be kicked to the curb, via the voters, ASAP.  Fimian is a small government, constitutional-believing, low tax conservative.  He's another candidate who will restore America to where she once was.

Thanks for reading my kick-off blog. I look forward to your feedback! 

1 comment: